Friday, April 5, 2013

Introductory Post--CCU Class

Hello bloggers! My name is Emily Salie and I currently teach 5th grade, back to 6th grade next year, at Leonard Lawrence Elementary School in Bellevue. I have grown up in Bellevue my whole life [yes I live a life of crazy excitement]....going through BPS via Birchcrest Elementary [go Tigers!], Logan Fontenelle, and Bellevue East High School. I pursued an elem ed degree and early childhood endorsement through UNO and just finished up my Master's degree last summer via Doane College. I am the youngest of four children-an older brother, an older sister, and a 22-minute older twin sister.

I love hopping on the latest technology wagons/trends/etc. I love using technology in my classroom but just usually need a little training before venturing out. I have used the Mobi [do these work with our new Macs....and if yes, HOW?], Rover cart on daily basis, kidblog.org, weebly site, etc. I don't really classify myself as a mac or pc person because I have one at work and one at home. I am starting to learn the wonders of the MAC, however. :)

I am not sure what the third paragraph is supposed to entail...but I can insert a picture of my adorable niece [now 3 years old] and I at the zoo this past weekend.....and I have already put a picture of me up on my profile. Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Emily! I was just wondering if you were going to use your blog with your students. If so, do you have any ideas as to how you will incorporate your blog into your classroom? I would like to use my blog to share what is happening in the classroom with parents as well as students. I want to share links to my Weebly website, youtube clips, and websites that correlate with what we are learning in class. Any other ideas as to how (if you plan to) you plan to incorporate your blog into your classroom are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn

      I have used the kidblog.org as an exit ticket idea in guided reading AND in whole group reading. I will just ask them a few questions about the story or ask them opinion or extension questions pertaining to the story. I have also asked them surveys etc [this was before finding out about google forms]. I am still looking for new ways to use the blog as we also already have a weebly, etc. I'll take ideas as you have them!

      Delete